We are pleased to invite the parents/guardians of children on January 17, January 18, and January 19, 2018 between the hours of 8:45 AM - 10:45 AM to register their children for Kindergarten. Students do not need to attend the registration day.
Cedar Elementary School offers the option of applying for Full-Day Kindergarten or Half-Day Kindergarten. Full-Day Kindergarten is tuition based. There is no tuition for the Half-Day option.
We request that you bring the following when
As part of the registration process, we
will ask you to complete the following registration forms
which you can download below (pdf):
Note: If you
are not able to open or download the registration
forms, you may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view pdf
Please complete these forms prior to
registration and bring the completed forms to registration on one of the
days listed above. An appointment for your youngster to be screened will
be provided to you during your registration visit.
If you are NOT planning on sending your child to Cedar Elementary School, please call the main office at 781-878-7228.
|The medical requirements for
Kindergarten admission are identified as:
- A full physical exam by your family
Doctor/Pediatrician within twelve (12) months
prior to the start of school.
- All students must be completely immunized
according to the Massachusetts School
Immunization Law as follows:
- Massachusetts School Immunization Requirements (pdf)
- Blood Lead Level including; Level amount and date
- A physician's certification is the only acceptable evidence of immunization. Certification provided should contain; month, day, year and type of immunization.
There are two exceptions to these laws:
However, these will not be accepted as valid unless accompanied by:
- For medical reasons
- For religious reasons
- Official Medical Statement with reasons for Medical exception with doctor signature.
- Parental/guardian statement that immunization conflicts with sincere religious beliefs.
Children will not be allowed
to attend school until they can demonstrate
- All students must have Preschool
vision testing. This vision testing must
include stereopsis with details listed such as
MassVat and Random Dot E. Your pediatrician
should be testing your child's vision at their
five (5) year check up and recording it on that
form. A form from a vision specialist is also
- If your child
has Asthma or a Severe Life Threatening
Allergy requiring an Epi-pen; please see the
School Nurse for additional forms.
- If your child
will require any medications to be given
and/or kept at school; please see the School
Nurse for additional forms
Top of Page