Parents of new students are encouraged to register their children in the Hanover Public Schools by visiting or calling the school office before the start of the school year. Registering students before the school year allows for a smooth transition as each becomes familiar to Hanover Public Schools.
Register for the 2019-2020 School Year
We are pleased to invite the parents/guardians of children, who will be 5 years of age prior to September 1, 2019, to register their children for kindergarten on:
- January 9, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- January 10, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- January 11, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- January 16, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- January 17, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- January 18, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Students do not need to attend the registration day.
Full and Half Day Kindergarten
Cedar Elementary School offers the option of applying for Full-Day Kindergarten or Half-Day Kindergarten. Full-Day Kindergarten is tuition based. There is no tuition for the Half-Day option. All kindergarten classes will be held at Cedar Elementary School beginning September 2019 as part of elementary school reconfiguration.
- Kindergarten Tuition and Program Information
- Full Day Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions
- Full Day Kindergarten Fact Sheet
We request that you bring the following when you register:
- Original birth certificate
- 2 forms of verification of residency / address in Hanover (i.e., license, tax bill, water bill, utility bill)
- Report of the most recent physical examination and immunizations
As part of the registration process, we will ask you to complete the following registration forms which you can download below (pdf). When downloaded and completed. please bring the forms to registration on one of the days listed above. An appointment for your child to be screened will be provided to you during your registration visit.
- Kindergarten Enrollment Options Form
- Medical History Form
- Developmental Questionnaire
- Primary Home Language Survey
- Full Day Kindergarten Reduced Tuition Application (if applicable)
- Registration Form
If you are NOT planning on sending your child to Cedar Elementary School, please call the main office at 781-878-7228.
Kindergarten Medical Policy
The medical requirements for Kindergarten admission are identified as:
- A full physical exam by your family Doctor/Pediatrician within twelve (12) months prior to the start of school.
- All students must be completely immunized according to the Massachusetts School Immunization Law as follows:
- Blood Lead Level including; Level amount and date
- A physician's certification is the only acceptable evidence of immunization. Certification provided should contain; month, day, year and type of immunization.
- There are two exceptions to these laws:
- For medical reasons
- For religious reasons
However, these will not be accepted as valid unless accompanied by:
- Official Medical Statement with reasons for Medical exception with doctor signature.
- Parental/guardian statement that immunization conflicts with sincere religious beliefs.
Children will not be allowed to attend school until they can demonstrate successful immunization.
- All students must have Preschool vision testing. This vision testing must include stereopsis with details listed such as MassVat and Random Dot E. Your pediatrician should be testing your child's vision at their five (5) year check up and recording it on that form. A form from a vision specialist is also acceptable.
- If your child has Asthma or a Severe Life Threatening Allergy requiring an Epi-pen; please see the School Nurse for additional forms.
- If your child will require any medications to be given and/or kept at school; please see the School Nurse for additional forms
For questions or concerns, please contact Cedar Elementary School:
Cedar Elementary School
265 Cedar Street
Hanover, MA 02339