The Office of Student Services oversees a variety of student support services including Special Education, Guidance, Nursing, English Language Education, Home and Hospital Instruction, Child Find, Early Education Care and Integrated Preschool, Homelessness, and Grants Management.
Our goal is to provide every student with a free, appropriate public education allowing each student to achieve to his/her highest educational potential through access to the general education curriculum.
Hanover Public Schools provides appropriate services and supports so that all children may be educated with a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) in the least restrictive setting. We are committed to ensuring that a continuum of services is provided that meet the unique needs of individual students. Services are provided for eligible students beginning at age 3 and continuing until the student’s 22nd birthday. A team of special education teachers, general education teachers, school administrators and related service providers work collaboratively with parents to develop educational goals and objectives as outlined in an Individualized Education Program/Plan (IEP).
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Child Find;
- Preschool Evaluations: Arena, Speech, OT, PT, and Vision;
- Integrated Preschool Classes;
- Walk-in therapies for students enrolled in private preschool or not eligible for Hanover's integrated preschool;
- Individual and Combined Therapies;
- Team Evaluations to students enrolled in district schools as well as to those enrolled in private school at private expense;
- Independent Evaluations as requested by parents under specific conditions and guidelines developed by Mass DESE;
- Transportation to include behavioral and nursing monitors as needed;
- Behavioral Consultation;
- Assistive Technology Evaluations and Equipment;
- Tutoring to students who are unable to attend school;
- Learning Center support within the school day;
- Workshops for teachers and parents;
- Special Education Parents Advisory Council.