The Hanover School system aspires to exceed our current instructional capacity, and strengthen our inclusive culture of literacy, to deliver research based, impactful, effectively aligned, comprehensive literacy skills and strategies for students of all abilities; pre-kindergarten through graduation. To support this work, we will implement teacher centered training to raise the instructional capacity of HPS staff. This increased capacity, in turn, will support the development of exceptional readers, writers, and thinkers by incorporating the essential components of a comprehensive literacy program: phonics, phonemic awareness, comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, and writing.
- Instructional Support Team: Reading Specialists Needs Assessment Presentation, January 9, 2019
- Hanover Public Schools Literacy Strategy: Introduction and Overview
- READ2700 Strategy for Literacy 2018-2023
- READ2700 HPS Literacy Initiative Update December 2018
- READ2700 Podcast Series
- Cedar School Storytime Series
- Hanover Public Schools Literacy Night, Janaury 21, 2020 (video presentation)