This page is designed for parents/guardians and students who are looking to work on math from home. Below is a variety of links in different categories.
Many of our middle school textbooks come with access to online resources. If teachers are using these in their class, they gave students directions in class on how to access the site, so please ask your child about this. This can be a helpful resource for parents as well.
The references on this page will help you conquer any challenges you may have. There's so much to learn. Have fun and enjoy!
- ClassZone Math eServices: Use this math resource in conjunction with your textbook for extra help, practice problems, games and activities, and assessment.
- ClassZone eServices: A great textbook resource for math and other subjects taught at Hanover Middle School.
Math Reference Materials
- Math Forum: Check out the Ask Dr. Math Section
- Family Math Resources from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. Resources for parents and families to help students learn math.
- A Math Glossary of Basic Mathematical Terms*
- A more comprehensive list of mathematical terms from Math.com
- Math is Fun
- Virtual Manipulative
- Harcourt Math Glossary Grades K-6
- InterMath Interactive Math Dictionary
Games & Practice Problems
- Math Games: Some of the games are challenging but great tools
- Multiplication and Division
- Many Math Quizzes
- Math Mysteries from Scholastic.com
- Math Games from TV411: This is a site related to the GED Prep. The games are useful for the middle school level as well.
- Math Stax: A fun, fast-paced multiplication game
Fractions, Decimals, Percents
- SuperKids Math Worksheet Creator
- Equivalent Fractions Activity
- Visual Fractions
- Cyberchase: PBS Kids Games, Mission: Magnetite
- Cyberchase: PBS Kids Games, Railroad Repair
- HomeSchool Math: Printable Worksheets