Every fall we receive a variety of requests from students and their parents to complete applications and write recommendations for private schools. If you are considering applying to a private school, please follow the guidelines set out below.
- Forms that need to be completed by Guidance should be emailed through the private school’s system (typically Ravenna) to the current Guidance counselor and the Guidance Administrative Assistant. Please be sure to send both the application and the transcript request forms, as these are typically separate documents.
- Please have your student fill out a Student Information Sheet and hand it in to their Guidance counselor to aid in filling out their application.
- If the school requires a paper application, please provide a stamped envelope (2 stamps) for mailing the application and transcripts.
- Recommendations from teachers must be requested in writing by the student and handed directly to the teacher by the student in addition to the Ravenna form (emailed to your student's teacher).
- Please include your completed Student Information Sheet.
- Many schools do not require individual recommendation letters from teachers. Please request a recommendation letter only if required by the private school.
Deadlines for all requests including teacher recommendations and forms to be completed by guidance:
- November 2nd for any December / January deadlines
- January 4th for any February / March deadlines
Please keep in mind that it takes time and thought for us to write a solid recommendation and fill out necessary forms, hence the strict deadlines. We are happy to complete applications, as it is always a pleasure to recognize the accomplishments of our students.