About the Library
The mission of the library media center is to help all students, faculty, and staff achieve success at the Center School. Through diverse learning opportunities, the library works to create life-long learners prepared to thrive in a global society. The library program, based on the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks, focuses on the three main areas defined in the Common Chapters: Thinking and Communicating; Gaining and Applying Knowledge; and Working and Contributing.
- Circulating book collection of approximately 9000 volumes
- Reference section including general and subject encyclopedias
- Internet access via 22 desktop computers
- Access to databases through the SEMLS
- Educational software including KidPix, Inspiration, and The Graph Club
The library welcomes volunteers to help with library tasks, book processing, displays, technology projects, and more. Volunteer time commitments and schedules are flexible to make this a rewarding experience for volunteers as well as the students. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the main office or the librarian.