I hope that you are all having a wonderful summer!
This is a quick note to introduce you to our new Hanover High School Assistant Principal for Academics, Mrs. Jaclyn Rooney! Mrs. Rooney comes to us from Norfolk County Agricultural High School in Walpole, Massachusetts. During her time there, she was a science teacher and advisor/coach to many clubs and athletic teams. Additionally, Mrs. Rooney worked extensively with her administrative team to support elevated instruction for all students, improve the curriculum, and improve the culture and climate within the school setting. We are very fortunate to have Mrs. Rooney on our team, as you will clearly see her energy and passion for education right away when we return to school on Tuesday, September 6th! Please join me in welcoming Mrs. Rooney to Hawk Nation!
- All HHS students should know that the Community Service Graduation Requirement will be in effect for the upcoming school year. All students must serve 10 hours of Community Service per school year. We currently have summer community service options available, if interested, please email Mrs. Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information regarding Fall athletic opportunities will be sent by Athletic Director Scott Hutchison by July 15th. Preliminary information can be accessed on the Athletics page of the Hanover High School website or you can contact our Scott Hutchison directly at email@example.com.
- Freshmen Orientation will be on Thursday, August 25th, from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm. We ask that all Freshmen report directly to the Auditorium at that time.
- Guidance counselors will be available for students at HHS in person on August 23rd, 24th, and 25th, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Our 1st day of school will be Tuesday, September 6th, which is also Election Day, so please know that there will be a great deal of traffic on that day as HHS will be used as a voting site.
- HHS Picture Day will be on Wednesday, September 7th.
Enjoy your summer!