All students between the ages of 14 to 18 are required to obtain a work permit to be employed in the state of Massachusetts. Work Permits are issued at Hanover High School or the School Department Central Office (188 Broadway).
Work Permit Process
- View and download the application for 14-17 year-old workers.
- Follow the instructions on the application to complete the form.
- The Promise of Employment must be completed and signed by the employer before the work permit can be issued.
- Student must be present in order to obtain a work permit.
- Bring the completed application and proof of age (birth certificate, passport, or immigration record) as indicated in the application packet.
- Hanover High School or District Administration (or designee) will review the application and issue the student an Employment Permit. The student will provide the Employment Permit to their employer.
- The work permit is valid as long as the student is employed in the same job. If the student changes jobs or employers, a new work permit is required.