SEPAC Inclusion Statement of Mission
Hanover Special Education Parent Advisory Council believes that establishing a successful inclusive environment is in the best interest of all. Successful inclusion varies in complexity, based upon the challenges created by the particular disability/ies. Parents, teachers, community members/leaders, and students should work to include, as meaningfully as possible, every individual while acknowledging differing abilities.
The term inclusion refers to an overarching societal ideology, philosophy, and culture. Although each person is unique, individuals with disabilities shall be an equally valued member of our community.
Inclusion allows every member of a community to fully participate and not be left out, pushed to the side, or separated into groups solely based on their disability or perceived limitations. All students shall have the opportunity to learn, play, and socialize alongside and together with their peers, regardless of diagnosis or placement, including out-of-district placement.
The school community must foster and communicate a culture with established norms. Our community will not exclude, rather we will cultivate safe learning, playing and social environments with appropriate support and supervision. Our community teaches and practices social skills and acceptance to all students in the least restrictive environment.
- January 15, 2021; 11:00 am - District Meeting
- February 8, 2021; 7:00 pm - Evening Parent Group
- Focus Topic: Literacy: Working Group Update and READ 2700 with Assistant Superintendent Deborah St. Ives
- March 19, 2021; 11:00 am - District Meeting
- April 12, 2021; 7:00 pm - Evening Parent Group
- May 14, 2021; 11:00 am - District Meeting
- October 5, 2021: 6:00 pm - Administrators Meet and Greet at Hanover High School
- Friday, November 19, 2021; 11:00 am
- Monday, December 13, 2021; 7:00 pm
- Friday, January 21, 2022; 11:00 am
- Tuesday, February 15, 2022; 7:00 pm
- Friday, March 18, 2022; 11:00 am
- Monday, April 11, 2022; 7:00 pm
- Friday, May 20, 2022; 11:00 am
- Monday, June 13, 2022; 7:00 pm
Interested in learning more about the Hanover SEPAC, visit us on Facebook to view upcoming events and meetings and to find out what's happening.
Contact the Hanover SEPAC by sending an email message to email@example.com.