January 17, 2019 Update
Due to a limited number of available spots for the 2019-2020 Integrated Preschool Program, registration will now be held on Thursday, January 24, 2019 only. Children registered on January 24th will be entered into a lottery to be conducted on Friday, January 25th. Parents will be notified by the end of the day on Monday, January 28th. All children who do not receive one of the available spots will be placed on a waitlist. We will notify parents of their number by the end of the day Monday, January 28th.
We invite the families of all Hanover preschool age children to visit Cedar Elementary School (265 Cedar Street) to register for the 2019-2020 Integrated Preschool Program. The program will be open to three and four year-olds. Your child must be three years of age prior to September 1 to be eligible. Registration will take place on January 24, 2019 between the hours of 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM at Cedar Elementary School.
As a part of the registration process, we ask that you download and complete the following forms:
We request that you bring the following when you register:
- Original birth certificate
- 2 forms of verification of residency / address in Hanover (i.e., license, tax bill, water bill, utility bill)
- Report of the most recent physical examination and immunizations
Registration packets will be available at Cedar School on registration day.
- A tuition-based 4-day integrated preschool program following the Common Core Standards (M,W,Th,F) with 2.5 hour morning and afternoon sessions
- Parents are required to provide transportation
- Peer models must be toilet trained before the start of school
It is not necessary for children to attend the registration. Your child will have an opportunity to visit with preschool staff at a later date.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please feel free to contact Ashley Arienti
The fee for the full year, four day per week program is $1750.
You may submit your payments online by using the UniPay Online Payment Center. You may also pay by check at the Cedar School main office.
- You will need to select Hanover Public Schools, Cedar School, Cedar Preschool Tuition to view payment options.
The medical requirements for Preschool admission are identified as:
- A full physical exam by your family Doctor/Pediatrician within twelve (12) months prior to the start of school.
- All students must be completely immunized according to the Massachusetts School Immunization Law as follows:
- Massachusetts School Immunization Requirements
- Blood Lead Level including; Level amount and date
- A physician's certification is the only acceptable evidence of immunization. Certification provided should contain; month, day, year and type of immunization.
There are two exceptions to these laws:
- For medical reasons
- For religious reasons
However, these will not be accepted as valid unless accompanied by:
- Official Medical Statement with reasons for Medical exception with doctor's signature.
- Parental/guardian statement that immunization conflicts with sincere religious beliefs.
Children will not be allowed to attend school until they can demonstrate successful immunization.
- If your child has had any vision or hearing testing done either at his/her regular doctor or a specialist please include those results with his/her physical forms.
- If your child has Asthma or a Severe Life Threatening Allergy requiring an Epi-pen; please see the School Nurse for additional forms.
- If your child will require any medications to be given and/or kept at school; please see the School Nurse for additional forms