Role of the School Nurse
- Providing chronic and emergency care for students and staff;
- Conducting mandated health screenings;
- Providing health counseling and education;
- Administering medication and performing assessment;
- Developing Individual Health Care Plans for students with special health care needs;
- Interpreting immunization and health screening data;
- Providing resources to access primary health care services;
- Promoting environmental health and safety;
- Providing linkage to community resources;
- Collaborating with community agencies and accessing resources online.
Please see the Hanover Public School Health page for information about school health services, policies, and staff contact.